Sunday, September 18, 2005

Trojan horse, par for course

This week I received

1. A job offering from a company with questionable corporate social values - stuffed bear cubs and PR for the Tories.
2. An oyster travel card.
3. Some bottles of wine from France.
4. A laugh from office crush (OC) who I actually refer to as such for matter of simplicity - even though we sorted out our position as good friends a while ago. Now I see him as a bit of a muppet.
5. A proposition from a drunk guy with obscenely pink buttocks - paraded proudly for the masses.
6. A kiss from my old friends about to leave the country for a while - why do all the cool ones leave?
7. A character assasination from the ex - who questions the way I felt about him because I've tried to move on. If I hadn't moved on, would things be any different? Nope. It's hard to learn how to unlove someone, how to pick up pieces. I could imagine sharing my life with this guy, and he didn't want the same thing. That cut.
8. An accusation from current beau, which led to an ultimatum, a scene at a train station, a discussion in the rain, a few tense moments in front of his friend and my friend as we tried to carry on like everything was fine. Until he walked out on me at the bar, leaving me with his friends.
9. A 2am phone call from the above.
10. An apology (with caveats).

and I'm about to receive - all my belongings in a plastic bag, another heavy discussion and maybe some understanding.

No comments: