Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Interview. Dead bears.

Went for an interview yesterday at PR firm. Not sure how I feel about it. I applied for an executive role but they called me in for writer role to match my editorial experience and skills. It seems to be the same gig as here - but longer hours and less money. Heard it's a bit of a sausage factory in both senses - lots of work, lots of men. There is a more creative side to it where you are involved in client pitches, liaise with clients, 'value-add' to account team. I imagine they wheel out the writers Hannibal Lector style to all prospective clients.

Lovely office. In Millbank, next to Tate Britain on the Thames. Views over the London Eye and all the bridges even to St. Pauls.

But they had a stuffed bear in the lobby. A real bear and only a cub at that. Speaks volumes on the company's values and ethics.

No comments: