Monday, September 26, 2005

Drama on the tiles

On Saturday was at this party with G's friends chatting to some guy when I suddenly rushed to bathroom to be violently ill. Vomited on and off for almost an hour. G was convinced that this guy had spiked my drink. The guy that I was chatting to turned out to be a long time enemy of G's because he got a bit punchy with one of his friends once, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a drink spiker.

No idea what pushed me over edge but I bypassed tipsy to complete messy vomiting drunk almost instantly and with no warning, which is completely out of character. Pupils were dilated. Heart was racing. I sat on stairs, G stood in the doorway smoking and worried, watching me, trying to keep me awake. This guy left the party, edged past G. Nasty moment where I could see the two of them size each other up, G's obvious dislike for the guy, and this guy looked damn scared and slighlty guilty, shoulders stooped as he scurried off into the night.

Did he spike my drink? Certainly felt as ill as only a few weeks earlier when I had a bad reaction, but perhaps the alcohol abuse of the previous few days had stacked up against me. That has never happened before, and I would drink with the best of them.

Bit of a wake up call. Time to stop the abuse for a while. At least after the wedding.

No comments: