Thursday, July 14, 2005

Con Form

Can I just say I hate post offices and I hate DVLA. I have been to the Post Office twice this week and I still have this form in my bag unsent.

First time, I had to get the form. None on display. Queued for form.

Second stage. Get photo. Find someone in this country that has known me for 2 years to sign photo and fill out form. Find the guy. Append photo to form (which I will regret in under 24 hours).

Third, bring in passport and take to PO to get verified, but they will verify UK passports only. As a dirty foreigner I have to send mine to DVLA and place my trust in the swine that run the postal system that it won’t be lost and will be returned to me. The same swine that can’t stock forms and have no pens in their offices, not even for sale!

Oh, and guess what, I need another form to find out where to send the form too. Queue for form.

Realise I need to refer to form INS 572/B fucking X to find out how much to pay. Of course, would you believe it, they have run out. Need to come back another day.

Finally, I have everything together, but I need to sign it. But the only pen in the PO was red… ‘They won’t accept that’ she says, and flips it back to me as if I’ve smeared the application with faeces. So I have to fill out a whole new fucking form because I needed to use a black pen. To top it all off, when I come back to office, my black pen is gone.

No comments: