Wednesday, July 13, 2005

bloggerbater

Finally getting around to posting about T in the Park. Awesome fun. Went with lovely John who played tour guide. Edinburgh is gorgeous. I actually prefer it to Dublin, although I prefer the Irish for company.

The festival was in the country and the people there were mad. God the Scots can drink. And they drink until they fall over at a stupidly early hour - like 3pm only 3 hours after the doors open. This left John and I stepping over bodies and rubbish to see bigger and better bands in ever dwindling crowds. A nice advantage.

Some of the women too. Back to the Loch with you, Nessy. I haven't seen that many large people together since Vegas. OF course, the ones that were pretty were gorgeous. All that red hair.

The Bands, yes. Highlights:
James Brown - still spinning.
The Killers - heard some new stuff. Those guys are going places.
Doves - beautiful shoe gazing pop.
The Longcut - early Sonic Youth meets Stone Roses with a dose of Ramones. Really liked this guys. Watch that space.
Death in Vegas - well we sat outside the tent but they were kicking
Susanne Vega - just nice to see her live. All those girls with accoustics sound alike after a while (smelly cat, smelly cat) but she was a pioneer.
Audioslave - like seeing a cover band do SoundGarden and Rage Against the Machine, but it was actually them. He is looking a bit weathered, but Chris Cornell is still on my top 6 list of male vocalists I would happily shag.
The Coral - I missed them but have been listening to them all week.
Joss Stone - she is talented, I admit.
Death from Above 1979 - yeah, mad sheeeet.

Lowlights:
Keane - fraudulently peddling bland middle-of-the-road ooze while pretending to be an exciting "alternative" rock band, and ruining the credibility of British music. Although I do like his voice.
Maximo Park - as above, although I like skinny lead signers with skinny ties that grab the mike and shake their leg young elvis style, and hop about the stage like their music is really exciting.

Felt really happy for the first time in ages. Came back and smoked up a storm with George, talking rubbish philosophy, then home to my sweet sweet bed!

No comments: