Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Piccadilly Circus

Will probably blog about this later, and fill in the details. Was going to do it that way, but I've been too busy and haven't had much privacy. All is revealed in this chat with the Yates anyway.

Bon says:
yo yo yo
ian says:
ho ho ho

Bon says:
how are you? what's goin down?
ian says:
chillin on the deck overlooking the rainforest and listening to Keane over iTunes wireless from the PC to the outside stereo................

Bon says:
i HATE keane. fraudulently peddling bland middle-of-the-road ooze while pretending to be an exciting "alternative" rock band, and ruining the credibility of
British music.
ian says:
Some irony there coming from a Stripes fan...And Coldplay are.....

Bon says:
i hate coldplay. you don't even know me, man.
ian says:
I'd be worried if you liked the same music as an old fart like me! I am so sick of teenagers telling me Led Zeppelin and Hendirx are the best. I'm like, get your own fuckin rock stars.

Bon says:
who?
ian says:
Hah! At least we'll always have Morrisey.


Bon says:
been down because i got dumped 2 nights ago
ian says:
I thort you we going to dump? Too slow?

Bon says:
he talked me out of it,
ian says:
Bastard. I hate him already. Gone for a refill...

back. just listening to some remasterd Zeppelin classics. You know, first party, first kiss memories etc.
Bon says:
cool. nice for a first kiss. mine was a tragic music choice with a theme that has dictated the entire course of my love life to date. "enter night, exit light. take my hand, off to never never land." metallica
ian says:
Sort of. First kiss for me was "Whole lotta love" and I was so crap at it that I kissed her nose.

Bon says:
that's sweet
ian says:
She was so cool she said nothing and just tilted her head until her lips replaced her nose. Tragic part is I can remember it like it was yesterday and it was 35 years ago...

Bon says:
that's still sweet
ian says:
I guess it was partly coz it was her party and she spent the whole night being the perfect host including repelling party crashers while I wandered about trying to appear cool as the only one without a partner. Then it was 11pm and she decided to hell with the guests and pounced on me in total darkness with Zep playing on 11. Fuckin' bliss.

Bon says:
well done, you
ian says:
Sorry! half pissed here..

Bon says:
tee hee. that's ok. it's a distraction from my feelings of anger, betrayal and depression. i shouldn't have taken him back.
Bon says:
no, he's right it's been bad for a while, but i thought things would get better. for me it was a grower. i didn't like him that much at first, and we got closer with time. for him it was an initial attraction - spark - but the relationship faded
ian says:
Boys. Never change.

Bon says:
so i'm more annoyed that he wasn't realistic. that every relationship take a bit of work, and that we can't keep the passion going if we don't give each other air (as you said)
Bon says:
he was too protective of me around his friends, too jealous to meet my friends, not ready for me to meet his family. couldn't even go out to a club or a weekend away.
ian says:
Aw c'mon! And no alarm bells going off?

ian says:
You gotta get one who doesn't get jealous, except in a cute hurt sheepdog way, but you might have to wait years....

Bon says:
sure they did. last time you and i spoke. then he took me out to dinner, or talked about booking a holiday together.
ian says:
Oh. I always wanted to be that insincere but never managed it.

Bon says:
we had a nice weekend together. then he asks me to meet him monday night because he had some time to kill before meeting his parents and didn't want to go home and back into town. i thought i was doing him a favour
Bon says:
it was just a trick to get me to the pub, unarmed, so he could say those fatal words: 'where do you see this relationship going?' blood runs cold.
Bon says:
then he followed me to the tube station, and caused a scene at the platform with a 'the spark had gone for me' speech.
Bon says:
i was super cool. i started to speak, and he interrupted me. i said 'can you shut up for once in your life?'. he kept talking and i walked away.
ian says:
COOL! Extra points.

Bon says:
he followed. was on escalator behind me at Piccadilly Circus. i asked him why he was following.
ian says:
I can see a film script here.

Bon says:
he gave me his 'the spark's gone speech'. i said 'have you finished?' him: 'yes.' me: 'then fuck off'. and i covered my eyes until i heard him walk away. actually put my hand over my eyes like we were playing 'hide and go seek'
ian says:
You're going to have to go to a karaoke bar, get drunk and sing "I will survive.."

Bon says:
the tube came. i didn't cry. not for hours. rang a few friends. couldn't sleep. found myself watching a show about detoxing brits in thailand. it was while 4 of them were self-administering coffee enemas and narrating about the resulting bowel movements, that the tears flowed. it was reality tv imitating life.
Bon says:
3am, chamomile tea, mobile phone in hand reading through past texts. tv show about enemas. me in tears, thinking about how shit and mundane and boring life truly is. 'Why am I here?' thoughts.
Bon says:
it's funny.
ian says:
I still loves ya even if nobody else does.

ian says:
And that was funny, even though it was tragic!

No comments: