Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My heart is a highway kill

Although the sun is shining my mood has taken a dive today, strangely.

The time is almost upon me to step back and reflect on the past 30 years of my life, take some pride in my achievements, my travel experiences, and the way I have modelled my life. Most of it is pretty good.

But I have this grey spot inside. A grubby, ugly piece of regret. It goes something like this: What would me life be like if I had stayed home and worked the summer?

My soul would be tingling to travel, but my heart would be intact. Actually that is not even something I know. There were cracks even then, and instead of shattering, it just might have crumbled away in 20 years.

Now I'm over here - working for da man, building new friendships, taking advantage of the things at my doorstep. The sun is lovely and warm, I could have a Norwegian toyboy if I wanted, and I'm learning to kick and punch. Actually, I guess things aren't that bad.

I will miss you when you are across the sea

No comments: