Monday, July 23, 2007

Giving up a good thing

You know when you see a great dress in a sale, and you aren't really sure it suits you. So you leave it, but then you can't stop thinking about it, and then when you go back to pick it up, it's gone? Well, that's the situation I've been in recently with a certain boy.

Not that I'm trying to lighten things by likening affairs of the heart with shopping. The thing is that I do like what I see, but I'm not sure whether I like him for him, or because I'm on the rebound. So I want to be sure, and go back to the days of old-fashioned courtship.

But now I just keep thinking 'what if...?'

He's a good guy too. The only bad things I can list: snores, smelly feet, smokes too much pot - are pretty low on the list of boy crimes. There's plenty of good things - smart, funny, adventurous, laid back, open-minded.

Then there's the part of tme that wants to take some time out, be single, learn italian, start to edit films, move house, run for charity... I don't have time for boyfriends and their games. I've just emerged from a hurtful relationship that made me feel low... It's time for 'me time'.

Watching a very bad midday film that is supposed to be set in Venice, but they mustn't have had the budget, because it is quite obviously Amsterdam. I love the fact the actors are wearing berets (because they are sooo Italian) and they've put up fake flags and got the extras speaking Italian. It's Amsterdam! I see the tulips and windmills! There are barges instead of gondolas! There's a herring stand! Look at the bikes!

No comments: