Monday, May 16, 2005

The interview

The idiocy of forgetting my umbrella in London on the day I have a job interview, and arriving dripping wet and late. I didn't realise that changing lines at The Bank would include a 15 min hike up and down stairs in my ridiculous interview stilletos. Was wobbling on my heels like a faun and arrived with mascara running down my face.

Disaster. They were cool about it though. Seemed to have made up their mind anyway.

Graeme had a Paddington Bear narrator type of voice, while Andy thought he was Simon Cowell meets Vin Diesel, yet it was Graeme who played the 'bad cop' with the harder questions.

Went well though. Very well. But do I want to return to IT Journalism? Or do I stay in my horrible job, take a 'career break' and concentrate on saving my pennies for 3 more months - then go home and get a real job. If I took the job, I'm agreeing to stay a while longer. I don't think I can do it - live in London. Too think I wanted to come here for so long, but when I finally have the money I have something worth a lot more at home to give up. And I do it anyway.

Life rarely turns out the way we want it.

Appealing to stick it out and get the f* off money, then shoot to SA and Inca alone and then jump off a big cliff. Life complete. Woodbunny out.

No comments: