Sunday, May 29, 2005

Homelands festival

Sorry no photos but I didn't want to risk losing my uninsured camera.

Homelands - first festival of the season. Set in Winchester, rolling green country side and long grass. If you wanted to you could climb a hill and roll down it, flattening the grass to make crop circles.

Mylo - classy breaks and fat (phat? - ergh hate that word) bottomed bass lines, nice electro. Certainly my favourite of the day.

Beck rolled up, looking cool and did his post-modern take on Funk thing with cryptic rhymes. Strange skinny man dancing on stage. Realised I was working too hard and had probably consumed too many chemicals when I thought he looked like a young Bill Gates.

Roots Manuva, good UK hip hop. Love the deep basso voices.

Human League - talk about untalented and overrated washed up wannabees. But I wanted to hear 'Don't you want me, baby' and the kiwi couple I was hanging out with were more keen than me to see them. The girls couldn't even sing in tune. Everyone in the tent looked too drugged to escape from the soulless tunes. Dreadful.


Then


Now

Don't you want me, baby? I certainly don't.

Andy C - dropped a killer. The quickest and best hour in the early morning. This guy got me through those final hours.

No comments: